Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Experience of Hurricane IKE

Well we were gone for about 10 days from school....

Lets just say it felt like the longest week ever due to so much damage in the entire city.
Thank god that my family is ok and nothing reallly happened to us. I live on highway 6, near 290 and pretty much all that happened was tree damage, some fences fell, and lots of street lights not working. I have to say it was pretty scary, because we put wood on our windows at my house but only on the second floor and i woke up at 3:00 in the morning on saturday and all i could hear was wind and trees scratching the roof top. It sounded like a mini tornado. Our lights did go out for about two days but then they came back on monday. I am very thankful to be ok, because i think alot of us Houstonians weren't expecting the storm to be that bad.
Whenever the lights did come back, the first thing i wanted to see was how Glaveston looked and how bad it really was. My eyes were just amazed by how much damage it had done to the island. It was devestating to see the neighborhoods and how everything that use to be there was now gone. I was pretty much home the whole time, because my mom didn't want me to go out since everthing was still shut down in our area. We were a full house though, because we had family stay with us and my boyfriend stayed as well. I'm just happy to come back to school, because that way i have something to do and the day goes by faster. Well i wish good luck to the rest of the residents in Galveston and i hope everthing can get back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home